Shimano Waxwing Jigs look radically different than anything on the market today. These patent pending subsurface jigs swim with a kick that absolutely drives fish nuts. Though the kick is reminiscent of our beloved iron jigs, the look is a radical departure. Shimano Waxwing Jigs derive the seductive zigzag motion from the upper wing, while the lower wing acts as a rudder to prevent rolling. Fishing the Shimano Waxwing Jig is extremely easy. Simply cast and reel in. That's it.
The Waxwing is now available in 5 sizes from 2.7” (68mm) to 6.6” (168mm). The latest addition of the Waxwing Saltwater series is 168mm Daddy. The Waxwing Daddy can either cast or troll and perform the best together with the new Terez rod, new Tranx reel and PowerPro Vermilion Red. Calico bass over the kelp or Wahoo from the Long Range boat, simply cast the Waxwing and point your rod tip straight towards the jig, then start reeling. You will be amazed to see the action of the Waxwing that fish can’t wait to attack. Patented unique upper and lower wing design swims like no other lure in the market. Aerodynamic design outcasts any other lure at the same weight class. Tin-coated Double hook makes lure weedless and keeps hook point sharp (** except 168 mm Daddy comes with a single hook).
- Hydrodynamic body design
- Upper Wing makes the jig swim in zigzag motion
- Lower Wing makes the jig prevent rolling
- Tin-coated Saltwater Double hook (*except 168 Daddy)
- Stainless Wire-through construction (*except Waxwing 068 Baby)
- UV reactive paint on lateral line
- Available sizes: 68mm/88mm/118mm/138mm/168mm
- 16 available colors (PR and GY are Daddy 168 only)